• Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle

    ❅ Sweater Weather Tag ❅



    1. Favorite candle scent?

    Little ol' Ireland doesn't have the best selection of candles if you ask me, but the one of the few brands we are graced with is 'Glade'. Though I'm sure Bath & Body works or Yankee candles are much nicer to own and look at, Glade don't do too bad of a job. Plus, they have a really nice selection of Winter scents. 

    My favourite scent is Blackberry Frost. I have it     burning right now! It's nice and crisp, not too sweet, not too spicy. It really smells...strange to say but it's one of those scents that smells like a colour. Blackberry Frost is such a purple scent. Another plus, is that it's one of those scents that you can't smell without getting into the spirit of Christmas. Mmmm!


    2. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate?


    Believe it or not, I don't like Coffee or Tea :( I've certainly always wished I did, but I just don't. I'm sure there a lot more people out there like me, though we do seem like a forgotten group. N'awh.

    So yes, I'm definitely a hot chocolate person. All year round! But especially in the colder months, it's just so much more enjoyable to sit in your PJ's and indulge in the warm gift that is hot chocolate. Correct me if I get too poetic, but I just can't help it when it comes to Hot Chocolate. It makes my heart feel like one of the melting marshmallows bobbin' on top. My favourite marshmallow + hot chocolate combo has to be Options Mint hot chocolate with Princess marshmallows on top and a swirl of whipped cream, even better with a side of freshly baked cookies! I may be getting a little carried away here, oops.


    3. Do you switch up your makeup routine for the season?

    Kylie-Jenner-Burgundy-Winter-LipsA little. I make some changes to my makeup routine for practicality but also to match the season. Winter in Ireland is pretty cold so it dries the skin out quite a bit. I change to a more dewy foundation in winter and try to use setting spray more so than powder. I'm using Clinque's Anti-Blemish foundation at the moment in shade 01 (expect a review on that soon). As well that, I tend to need more concealer in winter because the cold causes so much redness in the face :((
    As for make-up looks, I definitely like to rock a nice dark berry lip in the colder months. Especially when paired with a single-toned eye. My favourite combination right now is a rose-gold/coppery eye look with a satin finish, paired with Rimmel's lipstick in Starry Eyed. 

    4. Favorite Thanksgiving food?

    Pecan Cinnamon Rolls | via Kelsey's KitchenWe don't celebrate thanksgiving in Ireland. Oh, well.
    Although I can mention my favourite Fall/Autumn food! Which would have to be cinnamon rolls (especially maple cinnamon rolls). I think they're called 'cinnamon buns' in the U.S and I guess maybe they're not technically Fall food but I consider their warm, cinnamon theme to be very fitting. Anywho, I love them and I love to bake them too! Maybe some time I'll post my recipe.





    5. Hats or scarves?

    shore ditch london. tartan scarf. leather jacket. boyfriend jeans.Although I do love me some hats, I have to scarves. I'm loving this years fall fashion trend that is tartan scarves. Man, I just love that. I nice tartan scarf goes so amazing paired with your favourite Autumn boot.
    I think hats look best on people with awesomely long hair. If I had super long hair, I can garuntee I would be more of a hat person. 
    Thought hats and scarves together can never go amiss either once you pair them right!


    6. Most worn sweater?

    After seeing him wear this at the Desaparecidos gig at the Arches, I definitely want to form a band called ‘Conor Oberst’s Skull Cardigan’. Or maybe I just want Conor Oberst’s Skull Cardigan.
[Ace photo courtesy of Indulge-Sound]Honestly, I'm more of a cardigan + scarf person. I just really favour layering.
    My most worn cardigan, is definitely a really freaking cool cardigan that my boyfriend bought for me for my birthday in June. He bought me it because my favourite musician Conor Oberst has one and he wears it a lot and man, I just love it. Not only is it pretty cool to own a cardigan that Conor also does but on top of that it's also individually a really cool cardigan.



    7. Must have Fall nail polish?

    Essie Clutch Me If You CanEasy. Now I think this shade is really nice for Fall and Winter, so A+ for that! It's Essie's Clutch Me If You Can.
    I.Adore.It. It's a really deep, ox-blood kind of shade.
    Wine shades in general I think are just sooooooooo beautiful for Fall and Winter. Paired with a similar lip shade. Uh, devine.

    8. Football games or jumping in a pile of leaves?

    Puppy in the leavesJumping in a pile of leaves, of course, are you kidding? There's nothing better. It's like jumping into a colour coordinated rainbow of crisp.

    9. Skinny jeans or leggings?

    Red Velvet Leggings, Dr.Martens and ParkaIf I had the choice, I would say leggings, but it's just too cold here to wear just leggings here. As an alternative skinny jeans will suffice though! On a day where it's not quite as a nippy, I'll take advantage and wear my leggins. My favourite type of legging for fall are definitely velvet leggings. I own a pair that I purchased a black pair in New Look, they're great, nice and warm and look awesome too. Next up is a nice red pair for winter! Can't wait to wear them with some a simple black boot or a nice pair of Docs.













    10. Boots or Uggs?

    zara ankle bootsBoots.
    I can't stand Uggs. I just can't. Not only are they cruel, being the skin off the back of a poor sheep, but they're also terrible Uggly. I hope I'm not offending anyone, I just know I would never wear them. As for boots, boots all the way. I can't even name my favourite kind of boot, I have so many! Some of my favourite would be classic Doc Martin's, Lace-ups and black suede ankle boots with a slight heel. Jeffree Campbell as well as Zara do great boots.
    These particular ones are Zara and one day I shall own a pair <3
    And you can't go wrong in the Fall with a nice white sock paired with a black ankle boot for accent.




    11. What is your #1 favorite thing about Fall?

    I would say the weather. Fall (or as the Irish say, Autumn) is really lovely here in Ireland. A lot of people hate the cold here, but I love it. It's much nicer than blistering heat, in my opinion. The nice fresh frosty breeze paired with all the yellows and orange's of the season just fills me with this lovely feeling. It's like the prettiest interlude to Winter.
    On top of the weather, it's definitely the Fall fashion. I'm the kind of person who loves boots, scarves, coats, jackets, thick tights, high waisted skirts, chunky socks, hats and poofy hair. Ooo I just love the cozzied-up look. I always admire someone who can rock a look that's both stylish but incredibly warm and cozy looking. I especially I adore the kind of top-heavy style that arises in fall. What with say.. a nice black legging on the bottom paired with a simple black ankle boot, then on top a chunky coat, scarf, hair down and a good ol' beanie. And a dark lip. And deep red nail polish. Man, it's good stuff. 






                                                                                                     

    12. Do you have a song that gets you in the Fall mood or just a song you're loving at the moment?

    I don't quite have a song that gets me in the fall mood, but I do have a song or even, album, that not only do I love it, but reminds me of Fall. The album of which is 'Lifted' by Bright Eyes. It reminds of Fall because last year when I lived with a friend, it was all we listened to at this time, and I just remember sitting in the living room, freezing our butts, but just sitting there, listening to this album, planning trips to Dublin to do Christmas shopping, remembering Halloween and wishing we had more than just one tiny heater between us. They were nice times.







    13. What is the Fall weather like where you currently live?
    Cold. Really cold. Thankfully, it's cold but quite dry. It used to rain so much in Ireland a few years back, but it seems now we're not too drowned in it. Especially in Autumn. The weather is freezing but it's not wet or damp, it's nice, it's crisp and it's frosty. These things work so nicely next to the falling of the leaves and all the aray of colours that arise. I would feel so strange being in a place during Autumn where in it just stays warm and the leaves don't turn yellow. How odd that must be.
    Ireland isn't all bad! We have nice Autumns. :)



    Well, thanks for reading my tag! I hope you enjoyed it. I know I did.
    Now I tag all of you! Everyone reading this.
    Go type your fluttering Fall hearts out.


    Kayleigh x

     

    Blogger news

    About


    Blogroll

    UA-50092724-1